Hugo Halliday PR & Marketing provides specialist Media Training Courses in Sydney for business, government, peak bodies, non-profits, professional and trades associations, political representatives and individuals seeking profile or responding to a crisis.
Our Media Training Sydney Courses will prepare clients to:
- Overcome fears about facing the Media
- Plan for interviews
- Shape stories
- Deliver interviews with finesse
- Handle door-stop interviews
- Shape and deliver messages
- Confidently pitch stories to editors and journalists
- Understand Reporters needs and goal
Hugo Halliday uses three main trainers with many decades of experience in the media as journalists and in large organisations that deal regularly with the media. Professional TV camera operators, editors and online media specialists make up the support team available to deliver a comprehensive and real-life training experience.
Hugo Halliday media trainers are all qualified journalists who have been involved in major media training exercises for organisations as diverse as:
- The Department of Defence. Two of our trainers have prepared/advised commanders for operational service zones such as Iraq, East Timor, Bougainville, Rwanda. They have also coordinated major ‘media operations simulation exercises’ in Australia over many years.
- Optometrists Association Australia – NSW/ACT.
- Motor Traders’ Association – NSW.
- Pfizer Australia.
- The Housing Supply Association.
- Insurance Australia Group.
- Political representatives (Local, State and Federal).
- Business/industry spokespersons.
- Major Property Developers
Hugo Halliday has five Media Training Courses available to Sydney clients, and regularly runs industry-specific workshops. Training available to our clients includes:
- Executive-level media awareness and media interview training (Level 1).
- Crisis response interview training (Level 2).
- Media events management.
- Tailored issue-focused executive media simulation exercises.
- `Major ‘media simulation exercises’ that test a whole of organisation response to a media situation.
Our courses can be delivered on your Sydney premises, at a hired venue or at our office. Location is largely dependent on which package you choose and how many participants there will be.
For last minute media prep, we also offer special one-on-one telephone interview sessions with a Media Trainer. This will help you learn instantly from your office (or other environment), how effectively you handled the ‘Media.’ Be advised on-the-spot how the Journalist would have used your interview in a pre-arranged story.